Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blogging on Freewebs

Or I should call it webs now.

www.freewebs.com was a site I used to use for file storage. I never actually cared that you could actually create a website there and didn’t use that functionality. This year I started using it and they have also been improving it. Now you can get a pretty full featured website up pretty quickly.

I figured I’d put up some tutorials at using some of the features. One because I’m always looking for something to blog about lately and two because I think these tutorials will help someone out.

The first tutorial is blogging and the first step is to log into freewebs by typing your username and password in the boxes provided.

image

You will be presented with the dashboard for your account.

image

Move your mouse over Edit My Site and a drop down menu will appear. Select Site Manager from the drop down menu.

image

Since we are blogging select Blog from the list of pages.

image

And you will be presented with the Site Builder for you Blog. Select Post New Entry.

image

Enter a Title and use the rich text box to enter the body for your blog entry. You have a lot of formatting control over the rich text box and you can add images or embed video.

image

Select the Publish button when you are finished.

image

And you’ll have your first blog entry on Freewebs. Here is a link to the actual blog entry. Next up: Calendars

WARNING: Webs.com has been freezing sites for very little reason and often don’t respond to inquires about the freeze.  Just letting you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment